Sunday Morning Book Club has resumed! We meet on the third Sunday of the month following the worship service. You are invited to join is in-person in the lounge, or online via Zoom. Those attending in-person are asked to please wear a mask.
To access the meeting via Zoom:
• Via computer – go to https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84555624556. When asked, select “Join via Video, and “Join by Computer Audio”
• Via the Zoom app on your tablet or smartphone – meeting ID: 845 5562 4556
• Via telephone – dial 646-876-9923, meeting ID 845 5562 4556
June 20 – Eliza Hamilton: The Extraordinary Life and Times of the Wife of Alexander Hamilton by Tilar J. Mazzeo
Fans fell in love with Eliza Hamilton—Alexander Hamilton’s devoted wife—in Lin-Manuel Miranda’s phenomenal musical Hamilton. But they don’t know her full story. A strong pioneer woman, a loving sister, a caring mother, and in her later years, a generous philanthropist, Eliza had many sides—and this fascinating biography brings her multi-faceted personality to vivid life.
Eliza Hamilton: The Extraordinary Life and Times of The Wife of Alexander Hamilton follows Eliza through her early years in New York, into the ups and downs of her married life with Alexander, beyond the aftermath of his tragic murder, and finally to her involvement in many projects that cemented her legacy as one of the unsung heroes of our nation’s early days.
In the coming months we will be discussing:
- We will take off for July and August.
- Sept. 19 – 7 Men (and the Secret of Their Greatness) by Eric Metaxas