In-Person Worship Update
We have returned to worshipping in-person on Sunday mornings at 9:15 AM! The following protocols are in place:
- If you are feeling ill or have any symptoms of illness, please view the service from home.
- You are asked to wear a mask for the duration of the service.
- The greeter will record names of attendees in the event that contract tracing is necessary.
- Sit only in designated areas. Seating in groups is only for immediate household members.
- Hymnals and pew cushions have been removed to adhere to CDC guidelines. You may bring your own pew cushion and take it home weekly.
- Windows and doors will be open for increased ventilation. Please dress accordingly.
- Congregation is asked to refrain from singing.
- Dismissal after the service will be by pew in order to maintain social distancing.
- Use only the sanctuary doors on Charlotte Street for entrance and exiting.
- Should you be exposed to, show any symptoms of or be diagnosed with COVID-19 within two weeks of attending worship in the Sanctuary, please contact the church office.
For those not comfortable with attending in person worship, the service will continue to be made available at 9:15AM on our:
• Website – http://www.gracechurchpottstown.com
• Facebook Page – https://www.facebook.com/GLCPottstown
• YouTube Channel – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKgJA-RV1AwzJW5LhKr67uA
Sunday Morning Book Club
We will resume book club on April 18 at 10:15 AM following the church service. We will meet in-person on the 3rd Sunday of the month in the lounge and via Zoom. Those attending in-person are asked to please wear a mask The schedule is as follows:
• April 18 – Miles To Go by Richard Paul Evans (#2 book of The Walk series)
• May 16 – Ordinary Grace by William Kent Krueger
• June 20 – Eliza Hamilton by Tilar J. Mazzeo
We will take off for July and August.
• Sept. 19 – 7 Men (and the Secret of Their Greatness) by Eric Metaxas
To access the meeting via Zoom:
• Via computer – go to https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84555624556. When asked, select “Join via Video, and “Join by Computer Audio”
• Via the Zoom app on your tablet or smartphone – meeting ID: 845 5562 4556
• Via telephone – dial 646-876-9923, meeting ID 845 5562 4556
Prayer Shaw Ministry
We will resume our Prayer Shawl meetings on Tuesday, April 20 at 6:30 PM. to 8:00 PM in the lounge. Starting in May, we will meet on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month at 6:30 PM. Please wear a mask.
Assistance With COVID-related Funeral Expenses
Under the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act of 2021 and the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021, the Federal Emergency Management Agency will provide financial assistance for COVID-19-related funeral expenses incurred after January 20, 2020. Additional guidance is being finalized and will be released to potential applicants and community partners as soon as possible. In the meantime, people who have COVID-19 funeral expenses are encouraged to keep and gather documentation. For more information, please go to https://www.fema.gov/disasters/coronavirus/economic/funeral-assistance.
2021 Church Council
Brian Bryson – President
Catherine Barton – Secretary
Cheryl Detweiler – Treasurer
Catherine (Kiti) Williams
Offering Envelopes for 2021 – If you would like to pick up your offering envelopes, you can do so on Monday-Thursday between the hours of 9AM and 12PM. If you would like to have them delivered to you, please call the church office at 610-323-9320.
Call For A New Pastor – In the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic the call process continues to slowly move forward. We are pleased to announce that our congregations’ paperwork has been shared with a potential candidate and an interview is scheduled. Please keep our Call Committee in your prayers.
Hospital Visitations – Due to HIPPA (privacy) regulations, hospitals no longer contact the church when members have been admitted. Should you or someone you know be in need of a visit while in the hospital, please let the church office know. Visitation protocols have changed numerous times throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, so visits will be made based on the protocols in place at the time.
Building Use – at this time the building, including the Parish Hall are closed to outside groups until further notice. This will continue to be re-evaluated over the coming months.