In-Person Worship Protocols
- If you are feeling ill or have any symptoms of illness, please view the service from home. We will continue to live-stream the service through Zoom and Facebook, and the service will also be posted on our website and YouTube channel.
- Entrance to the building may be through the parking lot entrance or the Charlotte St. entrance.
- Everyone is required to wear masks indoors regardless of vaccination status.
- The greeter will record names of attendees in the event that contract tracing is necessary.
- Please sit only in open pews and maintain social distancing.
- Windows and doors will be open and the ceiling fans on. Please dress accordingly.
- Congregational singing is permitted.
- Should you be exposed to, show any symptoms of or be diagnosed with COVID-19 within two weeks of attending worship in the Sanctuary, please contact the church office.
For those not comfortable with attending in person worship, the service will continue to be made available at 9:15AM on our:
• Website – http://www.gracechurchpottstown.com
• Facebook Page – https://www.facebook.com/GLCPottstown
• YouTube Channel – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKgJA-RV1AwzJW5LhKr67uA
God’s Work. Our Hands.
This year, Grace is collecting items to support the Pottstown Cluster of Religious Communities. The items most needed are listed below. If you can help, please drop your donations off on one of the carts located in the Fellowship Hall any time between now and the end of September.
Gently used (or new) and freshly laundered sheets (twin and queen sizes), bath towels, disinfectant wipes, dish soap, toilet bowl cleaner, toilet brush, bleach surface cleaner, lysol spraym sponges, cleaning cloths, paper towels, toilet plunger, dust pan and brush, rubber cleaning gloves, mop, broom, laundry detergent.
Sunday Morning Book Club
We are back! Join us on September 19 at 10:15am in the lounge when we will be discussing Seven Men: And the Secret of Their Greatness by Eric Metaxas. What does it mean (or should mean) to be a man today, at a time when media and popular culture present images of masculinity that are not the picture presented in Scripture and historic civil life? Seven biographies represent the life of a man who experienced the struggles and challenges to be strong in the face of forces and circumstances that would have destroyed the resolve of lesser men.
Upcoming books include:
- October 17 – The Road to Grace by Richard Paul Evans. Reeling from the sudden loss of his wife, his home, and his business, Alan Christoffersen, a once-successful advertising executive, left behind everything he knew and set off on an extraordinary cross-country journey. As he treks the nearly 1,000 miles between South Dakota and St. Louis on foot, it’s the people he meets along the way who give the journey its true meaning: a mysterious woman who follows Alan for nearly a hundred miles, the ghost hunter searching graveyards for his wife, and the elderly Polish man who gives Alan a ride and shares a story that Alan will never forget.
- November 21 – How Far to Bethlehem? by Norah Lofts. This 1965 classic novel weaves together all the characters of the Nativity, from the gentle strength of Mary and the kindness and loyalty of Joseph through the tempestuous journey of the three Wise Men and the tragedy of the shepherds to the misery of the the innkeeper and his wife. As the day of the miraculous birth drew closer, all those who were to take part in in the greatest story ever told were given the choice whether to sink beneath their fear or to seek salvation.
- December 19 – we will choose books for 2022
Thank you to everyone who supported the VBS program this year in any way! Through your generous donations, we were able to support three Mission Projects. We donated food to Operation 143, cat and kitten supplies to Calla’s Critter Rescue, and chicken to New Hanover Lutheran Church’s Food Ministry. Thank you again for your amazing support!
2021 Church Council
Brian Bryson – President
Catherine Barton – Secretary
Cheryl Detweiler – Treasurer
Catherine (Kiti) Williams
The minutes from the August meeting of Grace’s Church Council are available in the church office and online. You can find them at: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16aFnQbuxxFQrYztyobEAbcdRtVuZzDUS/view?usp=sharing.
Call For A New Pastor – In the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic the call process continues to slowly move forward. Candidates are in short supply and for that reason the process is taking longer than anticipated. Please keep our Call Committee in your prayers.
Hospital Visitations – Due to HIPPA (privacy) regulations, hospitals no longer contact the church when members have been admitted. Should you or someone you know be in need of a visit while in the hospital, please let the church office know. Visitation protocols have changed numerous times throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, so visits will be made based on the protocols in place at the time.
Building Use – if you are interested in renting the building for a gathering, or if your group is interested in meeting space, please contact the church office. Use at this time is being considered on a case-by-case basis.